Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Model of the Month: February 2014 Katie Gradie

Name: Katie Gradie Age: 22 Location: Maine
Q. How did you get into modeling? 

A. When I was 17 my roommate was an agency signed model and my sister was dabbling in free lance modeling, it looked like a lot of fun so I thought I'd give it a try.
Q. Who was your role model as a child and how did that help in being a model?
A. My role model is my grandmother. She's an amazing woman. She taught me I can do absolutely anything if I put my mind to it!
Q. Other than looking sexy in front of the camera, what else do you enjoy doing? 
A. I absolutely love hula hooping, dancing and creating things, I love art projects.
Q. If you were not a model, what other profession would you have been doing instead?
A. If I weren't modeling I'd become an American sign language interpreter. I took a few ASL classes in high school and fell in love with it. I'm still thinking about going back to school to get certified.
Q. How old were you when you found an interest in modeling and what made you want to start?
A. I was 17 when I found an interest in modeling. I set up my first photo shoot with my sister in law's uncle and had a blast, I set up a Model Mayhem account and started booking shoots with local photographers.
Q. Where is your favorite place to shop?
A. Honestly, I love shopping at Goodwill! I've scored some incredible things there. I also love shopping at H&M, Forever 21, and Charlotte Russe.
Q. What is your favorite beauty product?
A. My favorite beauty product is coconut oil, it has a million uses! I used to spend a bunch of money on expensive hair products to tame my curly hair, now I only use oils (avacado, coconut, and castor). My hair loves me and so does my wallet ;p
Q. What advice would you give to a young girl who wants to pursue a modeling career?  
A. I would tell them that you always need to check your references when working with new people to avoid any bad/uncomfortable situations. Trust your gut and never do something that you're uncomfortable with.
Q. Where was your favorite shoot so far?
A. I've had a bunch of fun shoots but one of my favorites was modeling outfits for Pretty Thoughts Latex with Surrendered Souls Pin up Photography. We were shooting in an empty hair salon, it was me and about five other girls covered in silicon lubricant squeezing into latex outfits! Definitely a silly time.
Q. What you like to accomplish as a model.
A. Right now my goals as a model are to get signed with an agency of some sort and to have one of my images used on a magazine cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment